Monday, June 22, 2015

Blogging 2.0

The last post I wrote on here was about the earthquake in DC, which was like  4 years ago. I'm not sure why I stopped blogging exactly, well, I do know that I didn't really like the title of this blog after a while so I tried starting a couple of other blogs and assumed that this one would just fade away into internet anonymity.  But here it was the whole time.  The Little Kindness....What does that even mean? I honestly don't remember anymore. Oh.  I just re-read my first blog post. So that's what I meant. 

Anyway, I recently got invited to guest blog for a friend of mine, and here was my old blog, like an old friend I haven't seen in a long time. As I read through some of my old entries, I suddenly remembered what life used to be like. 

In the last 4 years, we had a baby girl named Violet, and we moved back to Michigan. We both got new jobs, and we bought a house in East Lansing. If I've learned anything at all, it's that life changes a whole lot when you have a baby. So I figure it's time to update my life goals from this blog post. Here goes nothing. 

#1.  Get a raise.  Sort of accomplished this. Can I take a nap now?
#2.  Move to Asia.    Shower regularly.  I kid, I kid.  Kind of.     
#3.  Raise funds for Asia. diapers
#4.  Become a morning person.  Check.  One of the benefits of having a baby. 
#5.  Lose 5 pounds.  Mm, maybe 10.  This sounds familiar.
#6.  Read more books. YES!
#7.  Become a photographer. better friend.
#8.  Become a professional blogger.  Still trying...
#9.  Make crafts every day.  once a year. 
#10.  Adopt some babies.  Sure, why not?    
#11.  Be on the special “I bring gifts for you” list.  You gotta have goals. 
#12.  Get a PhD.  Oddly enough, I just said this the other day. 
#13.  Look older so people stop asking me, “Are you a student?” Hm, this doesn't happen anymore.
#14.  Get a medical/law degree.  Either way is fine.  more sleep.
#15.  Move to the countryside.  Well, we moved to Michigan. Then move back to the city.  Someday. 
#16.  Become famous.  a better person. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy you are blogging again! Looking forward to reading more life adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! : ) I really enjoy keeping up with your blog. I hope I have it in me to consistently write this time!

      Delete