Friday, May 20, 2011

Goals and Dreams v.1

Recently, one of my co-workers went to Mexico.  Then I was left out of getting a gift from her.  Her excuse was that she bought some weird keychain for our other co-worker because it meant "indulgence."  Or something like that.  Anyhow, she referred to how she is working on her goals and dreams this summer.  I don't quite get the connection between the key chain and the goals/dreams, but I wanted one too.  Dang it. 

So I promptly followed up with an email version list of my own goals and dreams so that the next time she travels for work, she can bring me back a hokey "indulgent" key chain too.  Ah.  Yes. It's the little things, right? 

Anyway, here's what I sent her.  You should definitely read this list before moving on:

#1.  Get a raise. 
#2.  Move to Asia.        
#3.  Raise funds for Asia. 
#4.  Become a morning person. 
#5.  Lose 5 pounds.  Mm, maybe 10. 
#6.  Read more books.
#7.  Become a photographer.
#8.  Become a professional blogger. 
#9.  Make crafts every day. 
#10.  Adopt some babies. 
#11.  Be on the special “I bring gifts for you” list
#12.  Get a PhD.
#13.  Look older so people stop asking me, “Are you a student?”
#14.  Get a medical/law degree.  Either way is fine. 
#15.  Move to the countryside.  Then move back to the city.  
#16.  Become famous. 

And here was my response back from said co-worker.  This made me laugh out loud, so I figured it was worth a blog post. 

#1.  Get a raise.  Doubt It!
#2.  Move to Asia.  Maybe          
#3.  Raise funds for Asia. Doubt it!
#4.  Become a morning person.  If you haven’t done it by now, not gonna happen
#5.  Lose 5 pounds.  Mm, maybe 10.  Aren’t you like 10 pounds anyway??
#6.  Read more books. You don’t have time if you want to get a raise
#7.  Become a photographer. I thought you want a raise, yet another extracurricular activity that will suck time out of where it counts-sitting at your desk working
#8.  Become a professional blogger.  attainable
#9.  Make crafts every day.  That’s for the kids in Tom’s class dear
#10.  Adopt some babies.  OK Angelina
#11.  Be on Gechi’s special “I bring gifts for you” list Doubt it!
#12.  Get a PhD. These poverty promoting things keep coming up…you are definitely not getting a raiseJ
#13.  Look older so people stop asking me, “Are you a student?” just wear a wig and put eyeliner as your eyebrows
#14.  Get a medical/law degree.  Either way is fine.  Plus a PHD ?? geez
#15.  Move to the countryside.  Then move back to the city.   maybe
#16.  Become famous.  HAHAHA is all I can say

Perfect.  

2 comments:

  1. Let me guess - it was Gechi who added those comments?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comment - although let's be honest, I'm pleased that I have some chance at being a professional blogger! : )

    ReplyDelete