Here I present Tom's small-space make-do garden. Here's how I know that Tom might need more wide open spaces. Green spaces.
He found scrap wood laying around the neighborhood and built himself a little garden for our miniscule city-sized backyard. (Yes, we're lucky to have a back yard in DC!) So now we can look forward to tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and more....amazing.
It makes me think, though. How some people are just like that - resilient in every way. If you don't have a backyard that's big enough to plant a garden to your liking, find a way to build one. If you don't like something, change your attitude about it. I am most definitely much less like this, so I'm very glad that I have my husband. If I wanted a garden and didn't have the space for it, I'd probably pout about it for about a few days feeling bad for myself and eating a whole lot of ice cream. So Tom makes me question my own assumptions and attitudes and actions in a way like no other. I consider myself to be very lucky.
And I'm also looking forward to those fresh veggies...
He found scrap wood laying around the neighborhood and built himself a little garden for our miniscule city-sized backyard. (Yes, we're lucky to have a back yard in DC!) So now we can look forward to tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and more....amazing.
It makes me think, though. How some people are just like that - resilient in every way. If you don't have a backyard that's big enough to plant a garden to your liking, find a way to build one. If you don't like something, change your attitude about it. I am most definitely much less like this, so I'm very glad that I have my husband. If I wanted a garden and didn't have the space for it, I'd probably pout about it for about a few days feeling bad for myself and eating a whole lot of ice cream. So Tom makes me question my own assumptions and attitudes and actions in a way like no other. I consider myself to be very lucky.
And I'm also looking forward to those fresh veggies...
No comments:
Post a Comment